December 26th , 2013 10:00 am Leave a comment

Christmas Eve blaze

By

Barn-Fire-A-4x5C

Photo by Brandon Hicks

 

 

Firefighters turn a hose on a fire that destroyed a barn adjacent to the house at 314 Lincoln Drive in Lynn Valley on Tuesday. Although the fire was fought by members of the Stoney Creek, Watauga, and Hampton/Valley Forge volunteer fire departments and Elizabethton Fire Department, the barn could not be saved. SCVFD Chief Jason Shaw said he speculated an electrical malfunction may have started the blaze, which took no human lives, but may have killed several chickens that were cooped inside.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

share Facebook Twitter

Switch to our mobile site