July 16th , 2013 22:49 pm Leave a comment

‘Glee’ actor died from overdose of heroin, alcohol

By

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — “Glee” actor Cory Monteith, who had struggled for years with substance abuse and once said he was lucky to be alive, died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner’s office said Tuesday.

“There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most tragic accident,” the office said in a statement.

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday after he didn’t check out on time. He was believed to be alone when he died. Hotel video and electronic records indicate he returned to his room by himself early Saturday.

At a briefing Tuesday afternoon, police said they believe Monteith had been dead for several hours before he was found. They said the coroner’s report didn’t indicate the levels of heroin or alcohol in his system. They ruled out foul play.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

share Facebook Twitter

Switch to our mobile site