By Ashley Rader
With the deadline to apply for liquor store licenses passed, Elizabethton has six applications to consider for the three permits to be allowed in the city.
The deadline for the liquor store applications was Friday at 5 p.m. Applicants for the retail liquor store licenses are:
- William B. Armstrong, 1209 Erie Lane, Elizabethton, for Eastside Liquor and Wine, which would open at 1201 19E Bypass;
- Billy Chappell, 733 Harbor Point Drive, Johnson City, for Lighthouse Wine and Liquor, which would be located at 1933 West Elk Ave.;
- Roy Hyder, 378 Willow Spring Road, Elizabethton, for Sunshine Liquor & Wine, Inc., which would be located at 825 N. Lynn Ave.;
- Chris Joker, 2 Haven Lane, Johnson City, for E-Town Spirits, which would be located at 167 Hudson Drive, Suite A-2;
- Carl R. Nidiffer, 1115 Broad St., and Charles G. Bridges, 172 Bridges Lane, Elizabethton, for Doe River Wine and Spirits LLC, which would open at 630 Broad St.; and
- Shane Donald Wilcox, 3801 Brackenwood Ct., Johnson City, for First Round Wine & Spirits, which would open at the Shoppes on Elk on Railroad Street.
These applicants will appear before Elizabethton City Council Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. at city hall, when council members will determine who will be awarded the three liquor store permits. While council members limited the liquor stores in the city to three, they could vote later to expand that number.